Victory Christian Church is a large (currently 721 average attendance) growing non-denominational church with a vision of “Showing a broken world the life changing love of Jesus”. Our goal is to engage the unbeliever, equip the believer, and prepare people to become Christ followers. Victory is an established congregation that is experiencing revival with a clear direction. We are located in a medium size college town about 20 miles south of Indianapolis, IN. (35,000 people live within 10 miles of our campus).
We are currently looking for a Children’s Minister who is a spiritually mature Christ Follower. This individual will be a part of a team that requires collaboration in creating, developing, implementing, and continually assessing the effectiveness of an irresistible, enthusiastic Children’s Ministry. The Children’s Minister will be responsible for ensuring the programs are theologically sound, developmentally appropriate, and an integral part of the broader vision of Victory Christian Church, where children are the “future” of the church. The Children’s Minister will lead the nursery through 4th grade, a strong volunteer team, serve children and their families, and be a notable leader and catalyst for Children’s Ministry throughout the community.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 3 years in full time Children’s Ministry
- Proven ability to create and successfully implement new programs in a collaborative environment, toward a common church vision
- Demonstrated spirit for strategic exploration, leadership, innovation, and change
- Passion for excellence and continuous development / learning in all aspects of Children’s Ministry (children, families, volunteers, leaders, teams, vision, programming)
- Music ability a real plus
- Previous experience with Orange curriculum is preferred
- Experience with the one hour model of programing preferred
- Technologically proficient with MS office, pro-presenter and other such software
- Servant leadership with proven ability to identify, develop, equip, encourage, and mange volunteers
- Energetic, infectious personality experienced in utilizing these gifts to effectively lead children and their families
- Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in ministry, education or a related field required. Master’s degree in a Children’s Ministry field ideal.
- Conversant in faith formation of children and their development
- Knowledge of and exposure to adult-related/pastoral care ministries (to pastorally care for parents and families)
- This is a ministerial salaried position which requires 40-50 hours per week.
If you feel God may be calling you to this opportunity please send a resume, a cover letter, and at least two video links of you teaching children (One of the videos needs to be a full service). As well as three references to Rick Davis, Executive Minister at: firstname.lastname@example.org.